A steroid is a powerful anti-inflammatory which is injected into your lower hip. It then travels through your bloodstream to the site of inflammation and relieves swelling, therefore, alleviating pain caused by pressure on your nerves. Steroid injections can only be given once every 4 months.
Who is a candidate for a Steroid Injection?
- People who suffer from acute and chronic pain due to inflammation
Benefits of Steroid Injection:
- Decreased swelling and pain
- Improved mobility
- Rapid relief
- Minimal side effects
Risks of Steroid Injection:
- Medication side effects
- Allergic reaction to steroid
- Shrinkage and lightening of the color of the skin at injection site
- Local bleeding
- Soreness at injection site
- Post-injection flare-aggravation of inflammation in the area injected